Sunday 20 April 2014

One Minute Gaming 07 - ARC Squadron



Hello and welcome back - this week, I've been playing a game called ARC Squadron, recommended by Mike Sherretz on Twitter. You're controlling a spaceship racing thru asteroid ridden areas to shoot down bad guys, dodge rocks & pick up health boosts. The graphics are pretty good & with 6 ship upgrades and 8 weapons to unlock, the potential to play for hours is definitely there!

Control is as simple as swiping around the screen with your finger and the pace is pretty good - not too slow to start with but not too fast either - it took a few practice tries for me but I got the hang of it fairly quickly. There are quite a few levels of difficulty and some different zones to zoom through as well as end of level mini boss fights - all designed to hone your reflexes and earn you the in-game currency for your upgrades.


I'm enjoying this game and oh boy does it get my adrenaline pumping!!! One thing I've found since I recorded the segment was the music! I automatically turn off most sounds and all music as I tend to play in the lunchroom at work! But the ARC Squadron soundtrack is great and really adds to the adrenaline rush too!

I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10 and I've been playing this regularly for the last couple of weeks. Thanks Mike!

If you have any games you'd like to suggest for me to try, you can contact me on Twitter @ Nev AH Addict



****************

Check out some of my Squidoo lenses!

No comments:

Post a Comment