Monday 23 February 2015

One Minute Gaming #41 - 1010


This week I've been playing a puzzle game called 1010. It's a variation on Tetris shapes in a square grid but it's much slower so it suits me now I'm getting old!

You're given 3 random shapes to place on the grid and you only get more shapes when you've placed all 3. The aim is to make completed lines either horizontally or vertically and the more lines you can complete in one go, the higher your score.

Each completed line is then cleared so you are constantly making new spaces to place the shapes from your tray area. That doesn't sound too difficult but after a while, you get odd little spaces that end up blocking you until the perfect shape piece is given to you. If you can't place all 3 shapes from your tray then it's game over.



It's not an action packed game by any means but as a semi mindless 5 minute time killer, it's great. I'll probably play this one when I get fed up of solitaire. I'd give it a 7 out of 10 - very simple to play but hard to master.

If you have a game you'd like me to try, you can contact me on Twitter @Nevahaddict or leave a comment below.

So until next time, have fun!

******************

Don't forget to check out my latest project
Gifts for Gamers & Geeks


******************

No comments:

Post a Comment