Sunday 28 June 2015

Back In World of Warcraft & Addicted Again!























Last weekend I made a concerted effort to get back in to WoW to do some leveling. I certainly never meant to take such a long break but I think it's actually been good for me. I've said a few times on the Journal of Marcus Ty podcast that I feel bad about not playing but still podcasting about gold making so there was always that little nagging feeling in the back of my mind too.

Well, I made the effort and earlier today I made it to about 98.5 so not too far to go until I hit 100 on my first character. My fav guildie is still around although he had taken most of his alts out of our Guild but this morning he brought one back and handed over the Guild Master rank to me again. I didn't even ask for it, but I have to admit, it felt really good to be in game and chatting again and being GM of a guild that I helped create back in early 2010 just topped off a good morning.

I also have a new friend from Twitter who, it turns out, plays on my realm too. Once I hit 100 and gear up a little, I shall introduce the guys and we can all go kill shit together. It could be fun and reminds me of a joke - a Pally, a Warrior and a DK walk into a bar... lol

As for goldmaking - I'm getting there. It's taking a while to get my head around the garrison buildings and the various traders who seem to appear out of nowhere but I've started shuffling materials between alts now so hopefully, soon I'll have a better grip on the Auction House too.

I haven't been taking many screenshots either but I'm really enjoying questing through the zones for now. I'm sure it will be a different story when I level alt number 4 or 5 though!

In the meantime, I'm now poodling through the Spires of Arak. I probably should be in the next zone, but I decided to do the Loremaster and Exploration parts as I took this first alt through so I'll be that much closer to getting flying for my alts when it gets released. So yeah, I'm enjoying WoW again. I didn't realise how much I missed it or how quickly I'd get addicted again but I had a really tough fight with myself yesterday morning at 6am when I woke up! I had to stop myself logging straight in and spending all day in game.

This morning is a lazy Sunday though so I've already played 3 or 4 hours today! I love faffing about in my garrison and I've picked up quite a few new followers this week so they are all off on missions. I can't wait until I get my boatyard (or is it a dock?) but that will have to wait a while yet.

****************

No comments:

Post a Comment